Dodge Ram Outdoorsman - Vehicle Overview
Chrysler’s Ram Truck Brand is introducing an all-new ‘Outdoorsman’ model for its 2011 light and heavy-duty pickups that’s aimed at truck owners who like to play hard outside when they’re not working hard with their trucks.
“We asked Ram Truck customers -- boaters, campers, fishing enthusiasts and hunters -- what features would they like to see in a truck,” said Fred Diaz, President and CEO – Ram Truck Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “They answered ‘more capability, more room for my gear and ready to hit the trail. And make it affordable.'”
According to Chrysler, Ram heavy-duty owners are heavy outdoor enthusiasts. 47 percent hunt, 57 percent fresh water fish, 33 percent salt water fish, 36 percent own power boats and 37 percent tow camping trailers. Overall, 62 percent of full-size pickup truck owners hunt, fish or camp.
Ram 1500 Outdoorsman owners can add an optional gun rack / fishing rod combo holster that fits in the half-ton truck’s unique optional RamBox side saddle cargo box storage bins. The Mopar RamBox Holster ($205 option) can secure two rifles or shotguns, or it can be rotated 90 degrees to hold up to six fishing rods.
Exterior features include two-tone paint with Mineral Gray rocker panels and wheel lip moldings, scratch-resistant steel bumpers, black door handles and a large ‘Outdoorsman’ badge for the cargo box sides.
- Limited-slip differential for improved off-road and towing performance
- Available trailer-tow mirrors
- Trailer-tow mirrors are optional on 2500 and standard on 3500
- Available rear backup camera eases trailer hookups
- Standard trailer-sway control improves towing confidence (Ram 1500 only)
- Standard Class IV receiver hitch properly equips Outdoorsman for towing campers, boats, ATVs and other trailers rated to vehicle’s max
- Available integrated trailer brake controller with driver adjustability and easy-to-see instrument panel readout
- Trailer brake controller is standard on 2500 and 3500 Heavy Duties
- Standard lighted four- and seven-pin harness plugs — a Ram exclusive — offer multi-trailer adaptability and clean, above-the-bumper covered access any time of the day or night
- Heavy-duty cooling, including a mechanical-electrical fan and transmission cooler, for larger loads
- Wheel lip moldings
- Outdoorsman badge proudly announces owner’s passion
- Two-tone paint with Mineral Gray lower
- Scratch-resistant steel bumpers
- Black door handles minimize glare