Chevrolet Tahoe - Vehicle Overview
Chevrolet's Tahoe full-size SUV has available four-wheel drive and seating configurations for up to nine people. Both the Tahoe and its corporate sibling, the GMC Yukon, compete with other full-size SUVs like the Ford Expedition, Nissan Armada and Dodge Durango.
A Tahoe Hybrid, which gets an EPA-estimated 20/23 mpg city/highway, is also available and is covered separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2013
Powertrain grade braking — which uses engine torque to slow the SUV on descents, reducing brake wear — now operates outside of the transmission's Tow/Haul mode.
The Tahoe's headlights flank a wide grille split by a horizontal bar with a large Chevy bowtie logo. An available Z71 off-road package adds unique exterior details, including large color-keyed fender flares and a chrome grille. Exterior features include:
- 17-, 18- or 20-inch wheels, depending on the model
- Heated side mirrors
- Roof rack
- Optional fog lights
- Optional power sunroof
- Optional power-retractable running boards
A sleek dashboard and flush-mounted buttons give the Tahoe a carlike interior. Three rows of seats provide room for up to nine people. The third row is removable, but it doesn't fold flat to the floor like the one in the Ford Expedition. Interior features include:
- Available three-person front bench seat
- Standard three-passenger third-row seat
- Cloth upholstery standard; leather optional
- Standard Bluetooth connectivity
- Optional power-adjustable pedals
- Optional Bose stereo
- Optional rear-seat DVD entertainment system
- Optional touch-screen navigation system
- Optional heated steering wheel
Under the Hood
Tahoes are powered by a flex-fuel 320-horsepower, 5.3-liter V-8 engine that makes 335 pounds-feet of torque on gasoline or 326 hp and 348 pounds-feet of torque on E85 ethanol. The engine has a cast-iron block on two-wheel-drive models and an aluminum block on four-wheel-drive versions. When properly configured, the Tahoe can tow up to 8,500 pounds. Mechanical features include:
- Six-speed automatic transmission with powertrain grade braking
- Fuel-saving 3.08 axle ratio
- Available heavy-duty trailering package with 3.42 axle ratio
- Optional integrated brake controller for electrically controlled trailer brake systems
- Optional locking rear differential
Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes are standard, as is an electronic stability system that features trailer sway control and hill start assist. Additional safety features include:
- Standard side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Standard side curtain airbags
- Front seat belt pretensioners
- Optional backup camera
- Optional rear parking sensors
- Optional blind spot warning system
Henry Brown AZ is proud to be a premier authorized Chevrolet dealer in Casa Grande, Arizona. We are conveniently located just minutes from I-10 on Pinal Ave. We are committed to providing our clients the best prices and selection of vehicles with first class service, while creating a pleasurable and satisfying experience. If you demand an unrivaled buying experience - the only choice is HenryBrownAZ.com.
Henry Brown has been servicing Arizona for over 75 years. We take pride in treating our customers with honesty, trust and respect. You can depend on Henry Brown AZ to provide you with the proper information you need in buying or servicing your next new Chevrolet or pre-owned Chevy vehicle. Combine that, with our famous customer service and exceptional value, there is absolutely no reason to purchase or service your vehicle anywhere else.
Please feel free to visit our dealership and come see what all the fuss is about. Or browse our website from the comfort of your home or work. Our knowledgeable Master Certified sales and service staff, will ensure we exceed your expectations. Whether you live in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tucson, or quite frankly anywhere. You now have a new friend in the automotive business. Come see, hear and feel the difference. We would love the opportunity to earn your business. "The Best deals around, are always at HenryBrownAZ.com!"