Chevrolet Suburban - Vehicle Overview
Chevrolet's Suburban full-size SUV is available in a variety of payload, drivetrain and trim-level configurations, including regular-duty 1500 and heavy-duty 2500 models with either rear- or four-wheel drive. The Suburban can seat up to nine, and its GM sibling is the more upscale GMC Yukon XL. The Suburban competes with other full-size SUVs like the Ford Expedition EL, Nissan Armada and Toyota Sequoia.
New for 2013
Powertrain grade braking — which uses engine torque to slow the vehicle on descents, reducing brake wear — now operates outside of the transmission's Tow/Haul mode.
The Suburban is one of the biggest SUVs on the market, with traditional boxy styling. Various options, like fog lights, can dress up the exterior. A variety of wheel sizes are available, with 17-inch wheels standard and 18- or 20-inch wheels optional. An available Z71 off-road package adds underbody skid plates and unique exterior details including color-keyed fender flares and a chrome grille. Exterior features include:
- Optional turn-signal display in side mirrors
- Optional power liftgate
- Optional power running boards
- Variety of chrome options, including a custom grille, recovery hooks, door handles and mirror caps
The Suburban can seat up to nine people in three rows of seats, but that third row doesn't fold flat into the floor, which can limit storage. Options include a 7-inch touch-screen navigation system, a rear DVD entertainment system, automatic climate control and first- and second-row heated seats. Interior features include:
- Bluetooth cellphone connectivity with steering-wheel controls
- Available three-person front bench seat
- Cloth seats standard; optional leather seats
- Optional cooled front seats
- Optional Bose stereo
- Optional remote start
- Optional power-adjustable pedals
- Optional heated steering wheel
Under the Hood
The Suburban's engines differ depending on whether a regular-duty 1500 or heavy-duty 2500 is selected. The 5.3-liter V-8 in the 1500 can run on regular gas or E85 ethanol and uses Active Fuel Management to shut down cylinders to improve fuel economy. On rear-drive 1500 models, the 5.3-liter V-8 has an iron block; on four-wheel-drive models, it has an aluminum block. Suburban 2500 models are powered by a 6.0-liter V-8.
When properly equipped, the Suburban 1500 can tow up to 8,100 pounds and the 2500 can tow up to 9,600 pounds. Both engines team with a standard six-speed automatic transmission. Mechanical features include:
- 320-horsepower, 5.3-liter V-8 with 335 pounds-feet of torque (326 hp and 348 pounds-feet of torque with E85) in 1500 models
- 352-hp, 6.0-liter V-8 with 382 pounds-feet of torque (2500)
- Optional integrated brake controller for electric trailer-brake systems
- Optional heavy-duty trailering package with 3.42 axle ratio
- Optional Autoride suspension
- Z71 off-road package adds 18-inch tires, gas-charged monotube shocks, an automatic-locking rear differential and a high-capacity air cleaner
Safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system with traction control
- Trailer-sway control and hill start assist
- Side curtain airbags for all rows of seats
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Optional rear parking sensors
- Optional backup camera
- Optional blind spot warning system
Henry Brown AZ is proud to be a premier authorized Chevrolet dealer in Casa Grande, Arizona. We are conveniently located just minutes from I-10 on Pinal Ave. We are committed to providing our clients the best prices and selection of vehicles with first class service, while creating a pleasurable and satisfying experience. If you demand an unrivaled buying experience - the only choice is HenryBrownAZ.com.
Henry Brown has been servicing Arizona for over 75 years. We take pride in treating our customers with honesty, trust and respect. You can depend on Henry Brown AZ to provide you with the proper information you need in buying or servicing your next new Chevrolet or pre-owned Chevy vehicle. Combine that, with our famous customer service and exceptional value, there is absolutely no reason to purchase or service your vehicle anywhere else.
Please feel free to visit our dealership and come see what all the fuss is about. Or browse our website from the comfort of your home or work. Our knowledgeable Master Certified sales and service staff, will ensure we exceed your expectations. Whether you live in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tucson, or quite frankly anywhere. You now have a new friend in the automotive business. Come see, hear and feel the difference. We would love the opportunity to earn your business. "The Best deals around, are always at HenryBrownAZ.com!"